Van Coble, R.Ph
Since beginning his career, Van Coble has been a driving force in the world of pharmacy. He has worked in community retail, hospitals, and long-term care pharmacies and been actively involved in a variety of task forces, committees, Boards of Directors and Governmental Affairs committees.
In the past 25 years alone, Van has:
• Been President of Kansas Pharmacist Association (KPHA)
• Served on the Owner's Advisory Councils for both Medicap and Medicine Shoppe
• Taught 2 semesters of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers at Southwestern College
• Served as a consultant with the KU School of Pharmacy putting together mock patient encounters for students and served as a preceptor for KU students
• Served on Visioning 20/20 for Cowley county
• Implemented Medicare Part D reviews in his pharmacy starting in 2005 prior to the start of Part D.
• Held outreach in several small communities in the area where he grew up
• Been an active member of the National Community Pharmacy Association (NCPA) for over 20 years, and participated in their legislative Day on the Hill for the past 10 years
• Served as a member of a task force for biologic terrorism
Currently, Van is:
• A Board Member for Cowley County Community Health Center, a FQHC.
• A member of the Kansas Pharmacists Association (KPHA)
• A member of the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
• A member of the Kansas Pharmacy Foundation
• A member of the Board of Directors for Pharmacists United for Truth and Transparency (PUTT)
• On the Advisory Council for the State of Kansas Prescription Monitoring Program.
• A member of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP)
• A member of the Oklahoma Pharmacy Association (OPHA)
• A life member of the Southwestern OK State University Alumni Association
• Serving as a relief pharmacist when he is available
"I have lived pharmacy for the last 43 plus years since entering pharmacy school in 1974, and while I am ready to move away from the day to day work in a pharmacy I have several years left where I can help others. " - Van Coble, R.Ph